Monday, November 22, 2010

Biologos

So my thoughts of late have really been focused on a few things: completing the Love Dare book with some of the "others" from Bethany (Sam Tombarelli, Jason Kindstedt, et al.) and continuing my "obsession" as Lorie puts it with science and religion. Truly, ever since the Bell Sermon, which is discussed below, and some of our Sovereignty of God discussion (Jonah, Obadiah), I have been looking for confirmation/clarification of my thoughts. (In part, that is what this blog is about - a response to my desire for confirmation/clarification with your continued dialogue and critical thought). And so this Saturday, while taking care of the kids I came across what I view to be an amazing website called Biologos (biologos.org). Biologos is a term coined by Francis Collins in his book The Language of God. He and others (including Darrel Falk from Point Loma Nazarene University and Karl Giberson from ENC - a former professor of mine - are leaders within this group) are involved with continuing and enhancing discussions surrounding scientific and theological issues. If you have time you should definitely check this site out. I have posted a couple of clips below to get the juices flowing. Again, there is so much in this site for us all to ponder.

This is Peter Enns (another Biologos member) - Biblical scholar commenting on Biblical literalism



Peter Enns with Rev. N.T. Wright on the theology of Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment